Monday, July 26, 2010

Hello, world, it's me, over here, in the kitchen.

Disclaimer: This is my first post on my first blog. I haven't the slightest idea what I'm doing, not even a clear sense of precisely why I'm doing it. But I love to buy, prepare, and consume food, and I've always been prone to pontification, so here I am, writing a food blog.

The point of my blog is to articulate, in stories and words, what I see in my local markets, why I buy what I buy, how I think it ought to be prepared, and what actually ends up on my family's plates as a result.

I'm hoping a thread emerges, but as of yet, I'm not sure what that will be; however, a dear friend of mine, who shares my passion for local food and the effect of heat and knives on raw ingredients, suggested that perhaps we launch a virtual cook-off between NorCal (where I reside) and SoCal (where she lives), shopping at our respective local markets, and posting the results of subsequent forays into the kitchen.

So, whomever and wherever you are, please stay tuned, and thanks for your time and patience as I figure all this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment